Celebrate the 4th wherever you are in Alaska!
Here are the biggest events going on for the Fourth of July in these seven Alaskan cities:
1. Mount Marathon Race and July 4th Festival, Seward – a mad scramble up the mountain is a sight to see, and the festival is very much worth sticking around for also!
2. Anchorage 4th of July Celebration, Anchorage – one of the most popular events on the 4th with a parade, food, live music, and rides!
3. 4th of July Parade, Homer – the annual parade starts at 6 pm, come in costume because awards from various categories of “Best of” are handed out!
4. Haines Independance Day Celebration, Haines – watermelon feed, pie eating contests, mud volley ball, and more!
5. 4th of July Parade, Juneau – a fireworks show followed by a parade.
6. City of Valdez 4th of July Festival, Valdez – starting with a 5k and ending with s’mores around a huge bonfire.
7. July 4th Parade and Festivities, Kenai – beer garden for the adults and fair rides for the kiddies!
If you need a place to crash for the night, remember, Best Western has locations in the following cities: